Tuesday 21 June 2011

1925 - 2011

My grand father, Papa, has been courageously fighting cancer for several years now. I have never seen a man with such an incredible will to live however his fight came to an end yesterday morning when he passed away peacefully in his sleep. Papa was a very special grand dad. He loved our family 'bun-fights'. Always had a cheeky joke (loved toilet humour), a good supply of chocolates (Chocolate Log & Tex bars were his best) & hilariously fun stories (most of them made up but totally believable). He used to look after my sisters & I when my parents went away & we just loved it! He would let us have pancakes for dinner & if we couldnt sleep he would make us warm milk with honey, breakfast was never just cereal, it was full on, eggs, bacon, fried banana galore! Yep, he sure fed us well! He loved board games! Monopoly his favourite & he ALWAYS won! We could never understand it but as we got older realised that his constant 'running off to the loo' was him sneaking off to colour photocopy the monopoly money! So cheeky!
I am so grateful for all the memories we have shared together. Those memories I will have forever. Rest in peace my Papa. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Ah Sammy, my thoughts are with you and your family. He must have been an incredible man to influence such an incredible lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post Sammy - I'm so sorry for your loss my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I ♥ hearing from you x