Tuesday 22 March 2011

childrens books

I just love childrens books, I love the stories and illustration and with my hubby's unbelievable talent in illustration & graphic design I have really learned to appreciate the beauty in an illustrators work. Unfortunately there are very few inspirational childrens books in our local SA stores, I find most of the illustrations to be dull and stories rather boring. My friend, Natalie (see her blog here) also shares the same love for childrens books, she has introduced me to so many wonderful authors with books you can only really find overseas.

I have just ordered the below books online! Cannot WAIT to receive them in the post soon! Eeeek!

3 comments:

  1. You will love them!!!! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam! <3 Ive been so obsessed with kids books lately too! Dying to find an original of The Magic Faraway Tree - the whole set. My mom accidently threw my copy out...
    No illustrations though... just imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Claire the Faraway tree is my favorite! My dad used to read that to my sister and I growing up! It was such a treat. And you right, there were np pictures so your imagination went wild! Wish they would make a movie of that story. Try googling it though, you will be amazed how many places might stock it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I ♥ hearing from you x